Who has not ever had a throat infection? It is painful, annoying and difficult our day to day. It hurts when we talk, cough, breathe … Is there any way to relieve it? Of course. Below we give simple remedies to put into practice in those days when we suffer a throat infection.
Remedies to treat throat infection
Sometimes it is because of the change of season. For that air conditioning that makes us dry and sick to the throat. By the arrival of the cold or even, we must not overlook it, to go through times full of stress and anxiety.
Throat infection is caused by a bacterial, viral, or an infection. It may be more resistant and need antibiotic treatment. Other times, this infection is relieved by a few days of rest.
Keep in mind also that sometimes our immune system is somewhat weak, we have a little defenses and we are more vulnerable to infections and certain diseases. So, never overlook feeding properly so that you can defend yourself. So … Do we put the following tips into practice?
1. Infusion of thyme, honey and lemon
Nothing so simple and effective as these three elements. Thyme, for example, is a powerful antiseptic able to fight germs, like honey, able to heal, reduce inflammation and soften our throat.
- Combining it with lemon juice will give you an ideal medicinal concoction to drink throughout the day. But how do I prepare it?
- Boil two tablespoons of herbs of fresh thyme in a liter of water.
- It includes the juice of a lemon and also its shell. Boil for 10 minutes.
- After this time, let it sit 10 minutes and strain the infusion.
- Take it with two tablespoons of honey throughout the day. It will heal you.
2. Salt water gargles
- Take 250 ml of water, and dilute in it a tablespoon of salt.
- Gargle with this preparation every hour. But never swallow it. Allow it to reach your throat and be in it for a few seconds, then expel and repeat.
- Instead of salt, you can also use a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar or even baking soda. They reduce inflammation, eliminate germs and bacteria and treat throat inflammation very effectively.
3. Garlic, the best natural antibiotic
You know that garlic, stands as the most powerful natural antibiotic and available to everyone. It is effective, healthy and has no side effects. So why not use it when we have a throat infection? We explain how:
- Crush a garlic and dilute it in half a glass of water. Then drink.
- You can repeat this twice a day. We know there may be some of it in your breath, but it is worth doing, you will recover much sooner.
4. Compresses with chamomile tea
This remedy will be applied in the form of a wet compress in our throat. In this way, we will also reduce inflammation and find relief. Follow these guidelines:
- Prepare chamomile tea, 3 tablespoons in a glass of water (200 ml).
- Once all the juice has been removed from the infusion, lower the heat and wait until the tea is warm.
- Put the infusion in a bowl and go moistening the compress and then apply it to your throat. Repeat the process when you notice it cool; Ideally you should be at least 20 minutes with this treatment based on chamomile.
5. An infusion of turmeric and green tea
- Easy and effective. Combining green tea and turmeric will allow you to reduce inflammation and improve your throat infection.
- Prepare as usual your green tea. When it boils, add half teaspoon ground turmeric.
- Take it when you have rested for about 5 minutes, accompanying it with a little honey. It will make you feel better.
6. Rest properly
Your body is coping with an infection. A very adequate way to go gathering strength, to allow our natural defenses to act, is resting properly. So allow yourself a period of well-deserved rest. Nothing happens and you will heal before!
Ideally sleep 10 or 11 hours a day, so take a nap throughout the day, and get enough sleep at night to recover. You will see how, little by little, you are getting much better.